Friday, August 28, 2009

first day of school and other things

My kids started school on Tuesday. We all walked together to make sure they got to their right classes and everything. It was hard to leave this year. Both Samantha and Landon were nervous...new school and no friends is hard. But they came home happy, which was nice.


Julie was sad to say goodbye. I remember that feeling. It is no fun being left behind. :(
The next day, my kids started walking to and from school together. So far it works great. We will see how much they like walking in the snow. Samantha's homework is noticeably lighter, but we haven't even had a full week yet. Landon has yet to bring homework home....it is coming soon.
Brian's work is going well. He likes what he is doing (for the most part), and he also has had a first. The fellows are the team doctors for some local high school teams, so he had his first football game on Friday. He had to wear his polo from the U.
He really likes it.
He likes it so much, I had to beg him to let me post a picture on my blog.
He said, "No way! I don't want any documentation of my mug in this shirt."

But I begged...and he agreed.
Go Cougars!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Your kids look great for their first day of school! So cute! And, that's pretty funny...poor Brian! ;)

The Waldrams said...

I love Samantha's dress! And it is so cute seeing Julie look up at Landon. They are all so cute! What does Annie look like these days? I'm glad Brian is happy with what he is doing.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

It's Spence...Love the U of U polo...What a great looking shirt...suits him well. I'll have to take him to the bookstore before the game Thursday night to get him some more Ute apparel.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

CUTE pics - I love Samantha's dress! Brian does look good with a little red love on him:)

Bethany said...

He looks like he was born to wear that shirt. He looks way too comfortable. As the saying goes, "Once a Ute, always a Ute."

NC

Bethany said...

I love people who bleed blue.