Friday, November 6, 2009

The bag

When I had Annie, a friend gave me an old diaper bag...it was beautiful. It was the most chic diaper bag I've ever owned. I truly loved that bag.

Well, it started falling apart. The strap on one side had pulled out, it had rips and tears on it, it was wearing out. Yesterday, I decided I could start unpicking just a few of the problem areas and fix it.

so I did.

Unpick this, take out that...on and on I went until it had become a jumbled mess of thread and ripped seams and torn fabric. I finally declared it time for a new bag, and I put my beloved bag in the garbage.

I'm quite distraught about it. I need a replacement. Any ideas?

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Ask your friend where she got it and buy another one. If you find one you like, it's totally worth getting the same one again. I think.

Jessica said...

I completely agree with Bethany's comment. However, if that's not an option, a couple I've found that I really like are the skip hop and most recently I splurged and got a ju-ju-be packabe...which I like cause it can be a backpack or a shoulder bag or messenger. Very versatile, not too big not too small! :) Good luck!

dodds said...

look ladies, holly does not like to spend money. she will not buy a nice bag on her own. we need to buy a nice one for her, or she is just use her old black one with the ugly flower on it. smile.

Anne said...

they are kind of pricey but the fleurville brand bags are great. i have one of the mothership styles and love it.

Gina said...

JJ Cole does their warehouse clearance sale in Logan on the 13th
Everything is marked down WAY cheap and so cute and fuctional. Might be worth coming to! But get there plenty early since the best stuff goes first.