Your comments are interesting, and bring up some other things to think about.
While I DO believe that we are guided in a lot of our decisions, we are NOT commanded in all things. Many choices are between two or more good things, and I don't think the Lord cares which one we choose.
That being said, we are not narrowed down to two choices right now. We know where we would like to live (where the jobs are scarce) and then we have options to go lots of places where we would rather not live. That is our dilemma. Knowing which places to pursue, and which to let go. There are many more factors as well...but money and location are a big deal.
We'll keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Holly....this is what I know...Brian and you are awesome! you have awesome children, and you will continue to receive the Holy Spirit's guidance...like you always do...and you will be where you are suppose to be. I love you!!
Holly,
We've been in DC, NYC, LA, and are now anticipating a move to SF. Our choices are based on jobs - and they don't have a lot of financial jobs outside of big cities. We've just decided to love small old houses and areas with lots of things to explore. That being said, I think rarely does The Lord have a specific spot he wants us to go. Everywhere we've lived there have been people who need to be served and people who have served us. Not much help, but don't stress about whether you were "foreordained" to move to a certain spot. Since Chris was the one who had to do the job, we let his career make a major part of the decision and adapted to meet our family needs based on that. You've got to admit that S. Pas. did that nicely and now we have to find a town in the Bay Area that will serve as well.
Good Luck
I totally agree Holly. I think the hardest decisions are choosing between things that are good. You know wherever you end up you are needed. We decided on LA, because we knew we had to make a choice and we wanted a change of pace. But now as we are trying to decide on a more permanent residence we find that we are facing the same dilemma. I'm excited for you guys...and did I mention I am excited for you that you finally put the Previa to rest. Gretchen told me and I am so happy for you. You deserve it.
I'm with you, Holly, and I just had this discussion with my mom. Of course, we turn to the Lord for guidance, but we're also expected to use the brains and decision making skills he gave us. Anyway, as we're considering the same thing, location has become more and more important. However, what makes a location desirable is having a balance of the things that will make your lifestyle what you want it to be. First, is having enough money to be able to afford decent housing in areas where there are good schools for your kids and a decent commute for your husband. (I have decided it's no fun to live in a place you really can't afford to be comfortable long term). Second, is proximity to family. Third, fun things to do. Other things we're considering are job satisfaction and church membership in the area. Anyway, I think if you can find a place that has a balance between these things that you are happy with, you're close to your answer. Sorry for the eternal comment...
Post a Comment