Friday, September 30, 2011

Kindnesses

As I was thinking about my day today, I remembered several people who were very kind to me today.




First, a woman at Costco stood by Norah and talked to her while I had to take Annie to the bathroom. This actually happens a lot. Norah is typically left in the cart as close to the bathroom as I can get, then I frantically rush back and forth helping Annie and making sure Norah is ok as well. What a nice thing to do.


Next, a woman at the park kept pushing Norah in the swing while I was giving Annie an underdog. Seriously, what a small gesture, but it means a lot.




Finally, Samantha pushed the kids on the swings while I took care of our dog, and then carried Annie when she was too tired to walk. I told her, but I hope she can understand how much that helps me.


And just so I remember-----


On our way to the park, the kids were watching Tangled for the umpteenth time. We were on the part where Rapunzel and Flynn sing "I see the Light." From the backseat I hear some interesting sounds...it is Landon, armpit farting in perfect sychronization to the song. I laughed.



As he is the only boy in a family with four girls, stuff like that is welcome anytime. :)

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Wow Holly he is looking so old!!! I guess it has been a while since I have seen you....So happy that you have found people being nice. I hope it is more than the are these all yours comments that I get all day long and I only have 3.

Eric & Gretchen said...

Can't believe how gown up he is now! What a good looking boy! Since we haven't see you guys for so long I still remember him as a little guy.

holly said...

Lyndsey...

I get that still all the time here, too. However, people in Texas usually say good for you, or that's great. It is so different than the disgust I used to get from folks in CA. :/

Lisa said...

Um,I hardly recognize Landon! What a cute kid!

dodds said...

what kind of dog? so happy for you.