Sunday afternoon, Brian and I took the kids to an open house in La Canada. We thought it would be fun to look in a house, in case we ever live in one someday. I have to admit, I had high hopes. The house looked cute on the outside and had a decent backyard for CA standards.
Unfortunately, I was very disappointed.
First of all, the house is on the corner directly above the 210 freeway. A little loud for my taste. Then, the layout is so ridiculous---probably the worst I have ever seen. It was obvious that someone had built an addition, but it was awful. Bedrooms were tiny, and one of the bathrooms had a window that opens to the living room! What?!
I can just imagine...our friends come over for a nice party. We are hanging out in the living room having a great time. Someone has to go to the bathroom. "It's around the corner," I say, not thinking anything of it. Suddenly, a terrible odor seeps into the party---where is it coming from? A poopy diaper left in the open? Some old garbage? And then I remember! It is the bathroom venting into our party! As my unsuspecting guest walks back to the party, she realizes what has happened, nearly dies from embarrassment, and never comes to another party of ours. We'll be ruined, RUINED I say!
Well, that's what COULD happen anyway. Let's just say the house is not worth $975,000. Not in my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Looks like you will have to house hunt in Orange Co. Too bad?!!! Yep, you better believe I am recruiting. You know that you would love it down here!!!!
We love going to Open Houses, too. It used to be a Sunday ritual for us after church, but now with nap schedules, we hardly get the chance. I am always shocked about how much homes cost here. 5 years ago, we were looking for condos in Santa Monica, and we looked at a 2 bedroom crack house (no exaggeration here) that was going for $350K. It amazes me that that would be considered a great price today!
Please don't move!! Just live in an apartment in South Pas forever!!
Oh my goodness, we are NOT moving. Brian still has 2 years left, so no worries. We just like to go through houses---although that house was more humorous than fun. :)
all I have to say is, you know what $975,000 would get you in NC? yeah, 4-5 acres with a movie theater in the basement of a 4,000 sq foot house- that's what I'm talking about, sorry Lyndsey, the OC's lookin pretty bleak now....:)
Holly- you crack me up!
Welcome to the blogging world! It sounds like house hunting in So.Cal is about as exciting an ordeal as here in NY. It's crazy what people think their tiny fixer uppers are worth. It's even crazier that often times they get what they want!
Hilarious! How are things? i just ran across your blog.....Add us to yours www.carlsoncru.blogspot.com
Miss you guys!
Tyler and Amber Carlson
Holly, I just started lurking your blog. It is fun to read about how your family is doing. Anyway I thought of a few points that might change your mind about this house. Let's say you are in the middle of watching TV and it is a very critical moment in the show, when suddenly you have to go to the restroom. Don't worry you won't miss anything, you have a window to the front room! Playing cards and need to take a break, no problem. You can watch for cheaters while taking care of business.
On a side note for $975,000 you can pretty much own Lehi UT. We would love to have you!!
Post a Comment