
I love rolls! I really love homemade, warm, delicious rolls. Specifically, I love my mother's rolls. I could eat them all day and never get sick of them. Sadly, I cannot make good rolls. Sometimes they are fantastic, but most of the time they are too dense and nasty to eat more than one.
I realize the problem is the rising part of the process. Why do rolls not rise? Why, I ask?
So today I was going to try my hand at them again. No worries, just my family to test the results. It was a perfect plan until Brian invited people over.
AAHHH! Now my rolls would be judged, eaten out of kindness, and endured for the sake of common courtesy! I should be willing to try anyway, but the thought of bad rolls gracing my table, knowing that they are sitting there mocking me, a display of absolute failure for all to see is just too much for me to endure.
So, my Rhodes rolls are sitting in the pan now, hopefully rising to their heart's content. But if they don't, it won't necessarily be my fault. And that will have to do for today.
7 comments:
ok--this comment isn't about your rolls but craig found this on wikipedia. now you can sleep better tonight. i know i will. copy this link to see his real name.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_Crisp
-anne
Rhodes rolls are the best - I totally pass them off as "homemade" all the time. Shhh...don't tell!
Yeast used to really intimidate me. I don't know why - I'm bigger than they are, for goodness sake. I don't let them scare me anymore, but they still aren't very cooperative half the time.
Holly, I found your blog on Shane Wright's Blog. I hope you don't mind that I peek in. Your family is so cute and you look great!
don't be nervous about your rolls- I'm they would have been great- be bold, be brave, give people your homemade rolls! I would love a batch thanks- ask lyndsey for her orange roll recipe- it's pretty easy and although mine didn't turn out near as good as her's they were pretty good...(like they could every be as good as lyndsey's :)
that was actually tisha that just posted if you didn't figure that out- don't know why it does that-
You are so funny. The rising part is always the clincher and I successfully avoid it by throwing all the infgredients in the bread machine, setting it to "dough" and letting it do all the work. Then i just shape them and bake them. It works like a charm!
Post a Comment