I hate managing. I've said it before, but I REALLY hate it today.
My family has been visiting this past week. It's been great. Lots of fun for all of us. My parents were over last night, when Brian comes in to tell me water is spraying out from the pipe in the laundry room. It's not clean water...it has a distinct odor.
So I call the appropriate vendor, who comes and looks. He doesn't have the right equipment on his truck. Ok. So he calls someone else for me and they come about an hour and a half later. Meanwhile, the sewer water is spraying all over the whole time.
Finally, at 10pm, my guy comes and snakes out the main line, only to find it is a city sewer main line that had backed up. By the time I know this, it is 11:30 and I am in bed.
I get up this morning, go to the gym, and come home. The whole carport smells like crap. I left Landon and Julie in the house, put gloves on, and go outside to spray and sweep it down the drain. Two hours later, it is enough for me. It's better, and most of the big chunks are gone (yes, there were a lot of big pieces in there), but it is not perfect. I'm exhausted and my kids are going crazy.
The washing machines are full of sewer water and will get fixed in a few days. Ew. Everything stinks and I still cannot believe that is how I spent my morning.
I hate managing. I am WAY underpaid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh man that stinks. Literally. It makes Nathan's sudden regression with toilet training so much easier to handle because at least I am not mucking out my garage or laundry room. Hang tight, Holly!
I am so sorry. I don't care who you are, that would be terrible for anyone. I'm sorry you had to deal with it. What are the odds of it happening to your complex??
oh man! what a nightmare! so sorry! I would seriously die! wow! well, I'm glad at least julie is sleeping through the night again! I'm like you- I have no patience for no sleep! happy b-day to samantha! I can't get over how much she looks like you! so cute! xoxo
Wow, that's awful. I'm so sorry. I used to think managing apartments was the way to go, but after hearing so many awful stories, I'm beginning to think it's not worth it.
yes you are underpaid...I just keep thinking about how stoked I am for you when you get your mansion...tell Dr. BSnow he owes you big time!
Whole lot more bang for your buck in Texas! Tell Brian he can watch the Lakers & USC on his sweet flatscreen...you don't need to stay in LA! Come to Texas!
Holy CRAP!!! Sick! Like we said when we lived in the funeral home and someone died like 2 months ago and Ben had to go into their house, and bring them to ours, "Free rent is REALLY expensive." Thank goodness for graduation days eh?:)
Post a Comment