Thursday, June 12, 2008

10 Years Ago...

10 years ago today, Brian and I got married. It was, miraculously, a gorgeous day with no rain at all. We were married in Idaho...and the weather is far from perfect, even in the summer. Nearly every other day in June that year it rained. I was so nervous because our reception was in my parent's backyard. But, it was a perfect day.

We had a wedding cake and a groom's cake. This picture is of the groom's cake...I wish I had just made it my wedding cake. No flour; just eggs, butter, and chocolate. An intensely dark, rich, perfect dessert. I loved it. I also loved the purple pansies on top. They are so beautiful.


What a great day. I love you Brian!

13 comments:

Bethany said...

What beautiful pictures! I think you look very much the same -- still very young.

Happy Anniversary! (You should make another groom's cake to celebrate!)

holly said...

That is definitely the nicest compliment I have had in a long time. Thanks Bethany!
I should make that cake...yummy!

Unknown said...

I concur...the two of you do not age. The nerve, while the rest of us are getting old and large you two just get better everyday.

Congrats!

The Waldrams said...

Awww. . . so sweet! Great pictures, you were a beautiful bride!

The Lind's said...

Cute! You honestly haven't changed a bit...still stinking skinny and beautiful...how do you do it? I have never heard of a groom's cake. I got jipped! I want to try...call me when you make it!! :)

Yeah...we are so going to the movies. Let's meet! And we would love to get together at the park, beach, or have you over! It's time to play, play, play! So call me!

The Lind's said...

Oh and Happy Anniversary!

Shannon said...

Happy Anniversary! I emailed you details about camping. :)

jordan said...

such a beautiful bride you make!
Happy anniversary.

Eric and Carrie said...

10 years! Congratulations! You two look so beautiful/handsome in the photos. Did you get married in Idaho Falls? Those look like the falls behind you in one of those pics. That's where Eric and I got our engagement photos taken.

Sarahp said...

OK, I had to jump on and see these pics you guys talked about at the park. You both look great, and I think you have changed the least of the two of you. Congrats!

Lorie said...

Holly you look gorgeous, and you seriously haven't aged one bit. That's awesome! Happy anniversary!

Kerri said...

Seriously, Holly! What is your secret for staying so young? You look the same (only with different hair). Congrats on 10 years! That is awesome!

Curteis said...

I totally with everyone else- you look EXACTLY the same!! happy anniversary! love an miss you guys- and b.t.w.- great job on Landon's b-day party- super creative and great cake! I'm impressed!