Landon had his 5th birthday the end of May. We decided to have a Star Wars birthday party. We invited his little friends over to the Jedi Training at our house. After getting his own light saber and Jedi cloak, each boy was ready to attempt the training.

The boys had to save Princess Leia, which they did by popping balloons (one of which had a picture of the princess in it). Afterward, they used water balloons to destroy the Death Star. Yes, the next picture is the Death Star, and I drew it myself. Not bad for an artistically challenged girl. :)

The final challenge was fighting Darth Vader. Each boy had his turn to fight, and they all performed excellently. It was awesome.


Then we opened presents and ate cake and ice cream. Landon wanted an X-wing fighter cake. (What?!!) Thank goodness for google and the internet...I found 1 example as a starting point. It turned out pretty good, I think. Landon knew what it was at least.

The party was super fun and seemed to be a big hit with all the boys. Good times.
12 comments:
What an awesome party! Landon is a lucky boy to have such a fun mom! Wow! I never had a party like that...nor do I throw parties like that for my kids! You are too cute Holly!
This is great!! I may have to copy your idea in the next couple of years! I am dreading the year that Tyler asks for a specific cake. Nice work!
Love this party idea. Gonna have to steal it!
So clever!!! I'm definitely gonna file this idea away for my two boys. Awesome cake and I love the foam light-sabers.
You are my inspiration for making the cake yourself! So great. Love the Deathstar. Did you get our voicemail? You up for a camping trip?
Wow - very creative idea. Those types of parties are the ones kids always remember.
You throw an awesome party! Ryder loved it. I love their poses in the pictures.
Ryder said Landon's cake was an x-wing and I was wondering how in the world you did that. It turned out great!
You were always such a fantastic cake decorator/birthday party guru! What fun!
What a cool party. I wanna take a shot at the Death Star . . .
You are such a great and crafty mama. I never could have dreamed up such an awesome birthday party. Landon looks so cute in the second picture. He takes Star Wars very seriously, so cute. Ha ha.
That was the coolest party! Dallin always plays with his stuff from it and tals about it. thanks!
Wow! I am so sad Max missed out because of his lame mom! It looks like it was a ton of fun.
Post a Comment