Thursday, October 9, 2008

First crush

Despite my best efforts, Landon prefers his hair to be combed down...a nice, conservative look. Remember how excited I was last year when he actually let me spike it up? He looked so cute. Anyway, he reverted back to the old school 'do right after. Sigh.

Much to my surprise, last week for picture day, Landon requested that I make his hair spiky. I obliged. That was on Thursday. Every school day since then, Landon's hair has been spiky, at his request. This morning I found out why.

In the midst of our gel and hair spray routine, he told me that HIS TEACHER (a young, beautiful woman) really liked his hair spiky. And there it is. My little boy's first crush.

4 comments:

Anne said...

that's adorable. but don't worry---a boy's real first crush is always his mommy.

Angela said...

so cute! i love it.

Wendy P said...

how CUTE! such a sweet little guy.

Ali Snow said...

Hmm...I have a little boy who came to school the day of our field trip with a little phohawk. I told him I liked it and he's had a phohawk every day since. Interesting. He also tells me regularly that I look nice in my shirt. This post has created so much insight.