Man, I had a bad day today. Lots of yelling, losing my temper, etc...followed by throwing a book at the wall and then crying. Oops.
It was lovely. I am pretty sure I told my kids to shut up as well. Isn't that nice? And it has happened before...as evidenced by the fact that Annie often tells us all to shut up (only her version sounds like sh*t up). I realize I shouldn't laugh at it, since it just encourages her, but right now it makes me laugh, and we need more of that.
Anyway, the night ended with me apologizing to the entire crew. Instead of what I had planned for dinner, we ate quesadillas....AGAIN. Samantha was mad. The other kids were fine with it.
I hope tomorrow is better. I hope that every night. I am trying to find the joy within my family, instead of always trying to escape them. Bad mothering is easy. Too easy.
Before Samantha went to bed, I was telling her I was sorry about the way I acted today. she said, "it's ok. you don't need to be stressed...Annie is fine. You just need to take care of her. It's not that hard."
I think she is right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Glad to know I am not the only one that has days like this. Makes me feel normal. Hang in there...you are a superhero mom!
Samantha makes me smile... so intuitive.....what a blessing.
I hear you. I'm a lot more forgiving of my own good but imperfect parents now that I am one. My kids are sweet, fun, and obedient most of the time, so you wouldn't think I'd find so much to get stressed about . . .
Samantha makes it sound so easy. You have great kids. We miss your family very much. Jonathan and I had quesadillas for 2 out of our last 5 meals. It's cool.
I like when people post stuff like this rather than just always posting happy, smiling photos and all the fun occasions. We are ALL like this at times - thanks for keeping it REAL! :) Hang in there! PS - I put all of your names in at the temple again yesterday. Wish there was more I could do to help...
So sorry, Holly. Because I know just how that feels.
I've had to appologize to my kids more than I'd like to admit. And I sent a book flying in my house just last week! We all have days like that. I miss our days at Garfield when we could just sit on the bench and laugh at our parenting mistakes! oh and I would love to hear Annie's version of "Shut Up"! ha ha!
I am sorry that you had a hard day, sometimes I feel so overwhelmed and I only have 2 kids. I never thought about how easy it is to be a bad mom, being a good mom is much harder. I too would love to hear Annie say Shut up. You are a fabulous mother, and tomorrow is another day.
Seriously. I am so glad I am not the only one who has days like that. Give yourself some cred you have a lot to get used to right now and you're handling it like a champ. I love reading your blog because you are so honest. You don't sugar coat everything and I REALLY appreciate that.
Hilarious how Annie says shut up. Annie's awesome.
You're an awesome mom, we all have bad days. Let's chat soon.
I never thought about how easy it is to be a bad mom, being a good mom is much harder.
worldamazingfacts
nice., keep it up
nice keep it up
I am a mom of 4 , its nice to see that I am not the only mom who has bad days to. Thanks for posting just remember your not alone and we are all human even if our children think we are aliens sometimes
looks like you're going through a hard time... stay strong! :)
Hi holly, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog
Post a Comment