Saturday, March 5, 2011

When it rains, it pours

How funny that a week ago I was so worried about Norah.

Then Annie started peeing and drinking A LOT! I thought something was up, since she started soaking through diapers in just a few hours, and would wake up wet after sleeping at night.

I took her to the doctor on Friday morning. Her blood sugar was high, they sent us to the hospital, and now here I sit with my baby who has diabetes.

I am incredibly overwhelmed. I rotate through feeling completely devastated to feeling determined to feeling grateful and hopeful that we caught this before she got really sick...it is so much information, but the education starts today.

Annie is still awesome.

13 comments:

Amanda Neilson said...

Oh my goodness Holly! Does she have to take insulin? My nephew is diabetic as well. There is definatly a learning curve- but you can do it! She's lucky to have such a great mom who caught the symptoms.

The Hunt House said...

Holly! Okay....this just sucks! I have to say that before anything else. I wish I had great words of encouragement but sometimes all I feel like saying is boy this just sucks! Double whammie! We are thinking of you guys. From what I know of you and your personality, you will make it through and probabqly end up knowing more than the docs :)

Danika said...

Wow! Glad you caught it when you did, but that is crazy! More prayers headed your way!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Phillip is Type 1 (insulin dependent) diabetic. If you have any questions I'm sure he'll be happy to answer them.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

It is definitely POURING at your house! Poor little Annie.. I am so sorry, but I am SO glad you guys caught it soon - I've heard about the syptoms and I hope I would think to go to the hospital. We'll keep you guys in our prayers - HUGS!

Eric & Gretchen said...

I am so sorry! My heart really goes out to you. That is really rough. I wish I still lived close to you so I could help watch your kids for a while. Luckily I know you are a great mom and will be able to help Annie but that is crazy!

Unknown said...

Our family is fasting for Annie today. Hang in there and know that we love you guys! I echo Amanda's comments...she is a lucky lady lady to have such a great family that loves her so much.

dodds said...

Our Heavenly Father created each one of us. He quilted each of us together for His good. And for those who believe, this is very comforting. Annie and Norah are perfectly and wonderfully made! In Jesus's mighty name, Lord, continue to guide Holly and Brian as they raise this amazing family!!
thank you. amen.
Holly, you are loved and adored. You are awesome and amazing. You have been chosen for this incredible journey. God speed.

Angela said...

Hang in there!!! If anyone can handle this, it is you! We'll be keeping you in our prayers.

Nicole said...

She is!! Wow, its a good thing you are such a wonderful mother who can roll with the punches. You are in our prayers as well. Miss you

Anne said...

i can't believe this! i am so sorry. love you.

The Waldrams said...

So crazy! I'm sorry for all of the medical issues in your family right now. Sometimes people think it's better to have a doc in the family, and maybe that helped you recognize the symptoms so quickly. You are strong and you will get through this trial too!

web30blogs said...

That is really rough. I wish I still lived close to you so I could help watch your kids for a while.

worldamazingfacts