There is nothing as humbling as parenting. Lately, I have been made painfully aware of my shortcomings.
I hear my kids playing in the other room. Playing quickly turns into bickering, fighting, then Samantha yells, "Do it! NOW!" Yikes! She sounds just like me...and it is not flattering. To make matters worse, Julie barks her requests (whatever they may be) in a loud, angry tone...followed by a "RIGHT NOW!"
I like to run a tight ship, that is true. I need order and some type of peace in my life. But is this what it has all become? A home of bossy women barking orders at each other all the time? No wonder Landon is my sweetheart who just wants everyone to be happy. Who need this aggravation?
So its back to the drawing board for me. Again.
May I have a second helping of pie, please? I really like it, apparently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Holly-You are too funny! I am pretty bossy too, and sometimes I hear Kamryn saying stuff like "knock it off!" I also liked reading your tagging blog!
Holly..I left a comment below, I wanted to make sure you saw it!! Amber
How fun! We would love it if you moved here! Where is the fellowship at? We live literally 3 minutes from the Fitz-Simmons University of Colorado Hospital.. Does Brian need a place to stay? He is welcome to stay here, we have an extra room and bathroom..Let me know!
I laughed so hard reading this! I hear Tyler telling Dylan to do something "RIGHT NOW" all the time, too. The worst is when he starts counting to 3 and threatening time outs as well. Yep, our kids can be mirrors for us, and sometimes it just is not pretty!
I have this same problem! It's funny because I hear myself yelling at Zach to stop yelling! My poor kids!! I enjoyed your tag by the way!
I feel your pain, and will happily share that pie with you.
Holly, I have to say, I'm always quite impressed with how well-behaved your kids are and have a lot of respect for your parenting. Someday I hope to be as good a mother as you are, so don't take too big a serving of that pie...
Post a Comment