Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tagged

I got tagged a while back, and have not done my part yet (sorry Becca!), so here it goes.

The rules: Each player list 6 facts/habits about themselves. At the end of the post the player then tags six more people.

1. I am a late night snacker. Even if dinner filled me up, when my kids go to bed, I want to eat something yummy. Chocolate in some form or another is my preference. I am not a huge fan of milk chocolate---the darker, the better for me. Actually, I should say I am a second dinner eater. Let's face it, it's not just a snack I am having. I eat more when Brian is gone. It's dumb, and everyday I resolve to stop doing it. But now the kids are in bed, Brian is in Colorado, and that ice cream sure looks good....

2. I love to exercise. I love to sweat. It makes me happy to move and shake it to music. Also, I LOVE exercise clothes. I love the tanktops the most. Why? Because I can finally show my greatest asset---my arms! My chest is small, my legs are big, my bum is jiggly...but my arms are nicely shaped and toned. I love them. It is vain, I know, but we all have something we like...right?

3. I dream of teaching dance. I grew up dancing---I did ballet, gymnastics, and clogging. I was only OK at any of them. But I loved it. I cannot possibly express how much I loved it and how it makes me feel when I dance. It's the greatest thing ever. I don't think I want to own a studio, but I would love to teach someday. Maybe someday soon.

4. I love to machine quilt. My very dear friend, Amanda, taught me so much about sewing and quilting. The biggest thing I learned from her was confidence in my ability to do it. I love picking out fabric. I love piecing the quilt together and seeing how it starts from something so dippy and small and turns into a beautiful picture. And I love giving my quilts to my family. Its perfect.

5. I am an extremely competitive person. I am the youngest of five, and always have felt the need to prove myself to everyone else. I am a sore loser---even with my children. Brian made us stop a game once because Samantha and I were fighting. I know, I know...I have a lot of growing up to do. I get very competitive with Brian, so I prefer to be on his team. It just helps keep our marriage happy. :) Once when we were dating, we were debating who liked onions more. It got to "I like them raw! Me too!" Hence, we each bit into a raw yellow onion and chewed it like it was the most delicious apple we've ever eaten...it wasn't, and it burned my eyes and throat as it went down.

6. I am a social person. I love people, I love things, I love parties and great conversation. I like having people around, which is probably why I want a lot of kids. I like it. I like big groups laughing and having fun. I love it.

That's it. That's not all there is about me, but that is all that I will share.
Now I tag Lyndsey Coons, Tisha Calhoun, Danika Park, Anne Anderson, Jessica Pulsipher, and Julie Rose.

6 comments:

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

The onion story made me laugh. :)

I hear you on the competition thing. I'm pretty competitive, and Phillip is extremely so - which is problematic because I usually win. For the sake of our marriage, we've resolved to stop playing games as a couple.

Which style of dance do you want to teach most?

Angela said...

You are awesome, Holly! I can just picture you and Samantha fighting over a game. :)

Tisha said...

thanks holl :) and love the late night snacker and exercise thing- I'm totally with you on both of those- but have to say, my arms are NOT my favorite feature, so you'll find me running or at the gym in an oversized tee-shirt! but you do have fabulous arms!!

ambercarlson said...

You are so cute, I always love to read your blog! Brian's in Colorado?? What is he doing here?? Where is he at? We should have him over and tell him all the great reasons to live in the Rockies! Amber

Anne said...

ok--i promise i will respond to my tag on craig's blog. but i have never blogged so he is going to have to show me how. this could be the beginning of the end.

Lisa said...

I laughed so hard at the onion story! And I can just picture you and Brian eating those onions with a look of sheer determination on your faces. So funny!