Julie is our problem child at the moment. She does things our other two NEVER did. One of these things is crawling out of her crib. She gave up her nap, mostly because she kept getting out when it was time to sleep. Ok...that's not really a big deal. She's old enough anyway.
But last night something new began. At 3:30 am, Julie came walking into our bedroom. Actually, Landon came in as well, saying that Julie had gotten out of her bed....and then I am sure she went over to wake Landon up.
I got up and put Julie back in her crib. What is going on?! The child is trouble with a capital T! I hope we don't get a repeat performance tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Welcome to the club!!! Soon you too will be deciding whether you should lock her in her room or not. Then the worry of a broken arm will put her in a big kid bed. . . then she will be walking into your room at 5am. Ok maybe not maybe this is me and Tommy.. .
Gretta figured this out about 1 1/2 ago and bedtime and naps have been pretty crazy since. She is doing a lot better now, but she doesn't sleep in a room with anyone. I am sure if she did she would keep them awake all night too. We moved Gretta to a big bed, but some nights she still wants the crib, so I just put the rail down and we lock her in. Good luck it will drive you crazy for a while!
No kidding! I am already considering the big bed for fear of a broken anything. I've never actually SEEN her get out. It's probably a good thing.
Ohhhhh...I am dreading the day Will figures out how to exit the crib! No fun!
soren started crawling out of his crib right when he turned 2 and i will have none of that. nothing creeps me out more than little tiny people wondering around my house when i think they are sleeping. anyway i got a crib tent for soren and it is awesome. no more problems. he thinks it is really cool because we told him it is just like the tent he goes camping in with daddy. i don't mess with nap and bed time.
Oh but she is too cute!! Hey do you have spring break this week? Do you and your naughty girl (just teasing), Samantha, and Landon want to meet for a picnic or just play at Lacy Park?? We would love to see you guys! Let me know!
Oh and the Crystal comment...sick! And no that will NEVER happen! I would totally fall and brake something daily!!
Becca
Um, I hate to say it, but you are in for it. I remember the first time I put Emily down for her nap and about 5 minutes later she came walking into my bedroom. Very alarming. But at 3 in the morning-yikes! I can't wait to see what brilliant solution you come up with
I had a friend who bought a crib tent and it worked marvelously for them. they weren't ready to move him to a big-boy bed and their son never could figure out how to unzip it.
Good luck!
sounds like trouble. Ryder did start climbing out of his crib and then he fell out. That solved our problem... no broken anything of course.
by the way - I'm so bummed. The kids and I slept in and I missed your step class. That 8:10 time is a killer! I'll be there tomorrow.
Woke up your other kids?!That is big trouble. Tustin has done that before and it makes me so mad!
I guess we should take comfort in their desire to be social and that they love being with their siblings...or something like that right?
Two words...CRIB TENT! It was the best $50 I've ever spent!
man oh man, not fun. adley is currently playing in his room for 2+ hours during naptime, and about an hour after we put him to bed, I'm fine with it as long as he stays in his room, but wandering in and waking up others, that is a nightmare! hope it is just a short stage! good luck!
Post a Comment