Hey, hey. Welcome to the world of dSLRs. They rock. And good for you for choosing Nikon!
My first recommendation is to get Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. And read lots and lots of times until you finally get it! Then I suggest you practice and practice and practice. Then I suggest you come visit me in Utah so we can play!
Seriously, though, if you have any questions, email me.
Turn off your flash! Get your children in front of a window or right in your entryway with the door open. Get them outside in the shade. If you have a garage, open the door and shoot at the entrance. But do not, I repeat do NOT use your flash! It will make your pictures look crappy every time.
Read your manual. A lot.
And did I mention that you need to practice? And then practice some more. Hopefully you'll have at least one child who likes to model for you.
My best advice is to just take lots of pictures. I often take ten or twenty shots and end up with one I love while most of the rest are deleted. Not the most efficient system, but it works for me. :)
I'm so jealous! Those look great! I have a DSLR on my long list of "needs" but I can't decide if I should put it before or after a serger. I can't wait to see all your fancy new pictures.
(I'll be in So. Cal on and off between trips to Tahoe etc. Are you around the week of August 4th?)
yeah! what a difference a great camera makes- my pics always look retarded and dark and I never can take them fast enough with kids! I'll be excited to see your new pics!
9 comments:
Hey, hey. Welcome to the world of dSLRs. They rock. And good for you for choosing Nikon!
My first recommendation is to get Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. And read lots and lots of times until you finally get it! Then I suggest you practice and practice and practice. Then I suggest you come visit me in Utah so we can play!
Seriously, though, if you have any questions, email me.
Oh. I thought of more things.
Turn off your flash! Get your children in front of a window or right in your entryway with the door open. Get them outside in the shade. If you have a garage, open the door and shoot at the entrance. But do not, I repeat do NOT use your flash! It will make your pictures look crappy every time.
Read your manual. A lot.
And did I mention that you need to practice? And then practice some more. Hopefully you'll have at least one child who likes to model for you.
yay Holly! I'm so excited for you. Beautiful pictures already.
That is so great! I am excited you finally got to open it! Can't wait to see more beautiful pictures.
What kind did you get? I've been pining away online doing comparisons etc. How exciting!
My best advice is to just take lots of pictures. I often take ten or twenty shots and end up with one I love while most of the rest are deleted. Not the most efficient system, but it works for me. :)
look at that focus!! We've ordered the same camera, so we can learn how to use them together!
I'm so jealous! Those look great! I have a DSLR on my long list of "needs" but I can't decide if I should put it before or after a serger. I can't wait to see all your fancy new pictures.
(I'll be in So. Cal on and off between trips to Tahoe etc. Are you around the week of August 4th?)
yeah! what a difference a great camera makes- my pics always look retarded and dark and I never can take them fast enough with kids! I'll be excited to see your new pics!
Post a Comment