Sunday, July 20, 2008

A quick update...

I have learned a few things about potty training in my experience.
  1. don't mess around with Pull-ups. They are a complete waste of money and totally confusing to the kid (except for at night)
  2. it is messy, whether your kid is 1, 2, or 4. It just is.
  3. getting rewarded with treats after using the potty is for YOU as well as the child. Bad for the waistline, but oh so good for the soul. :)
  4. it takes an incredible amount of patience

That's pretty much it. Julie is doing really well, and loves wearing underwear. That is a first for us...my others kind of mourned the diapers. She only had one accident today (yippee), and that was when I was out running errands. Pooping is a whole other issue. We have made little progress there, but that's ok. Church is tomorrow. That could be interesting...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I just had to check to see how many days had lapsed between your first potty training posting and this one. I have learned there is a three day rule to most things...including potty training. If you go cold turkey and don't cave, it will be done in three days...with the rare accident. Oh, and I TOTALLY agree about pull-ups. Congratulations - three down!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Ha - Congrats!!! I hate potty-training so much and I am loving the days of the diaper for now. Hope it keeps on going well...