The owners of the buildings I manage sold their property last month. Now there are new owners, new handymen, new everything. Even the bank changed. The bank that I have been going to for the past 8 years, every month, 2-3 times per month. I'm sad about it.
The people in this bank knew me, on a visual, not a name basis. They watched me go from 1 baby to pregnant with my fourth. We chatted about the kids, the husband, life in general. And now we've "broken up". I have no more business with this bank.
They've never seen the new baby! I feel like I should go in and explain what happened. Why I don't come in anymore.
Is that weird?
I also want to call all the previous vendors (painters, carpet, electricians, plumbers, etc) and explain why I'm not calling. Why their services are no longer needed.
I've made lots of friends this way. Some people I only know over the phone, but we've had a relationship for 8 years! That is a LONG time. Anyway, I feel bad. Like I didn't get a chance to say thanks for all your help and goodbye.
I think it is weird, but it still makes me sad. It's probably all just because I have to move. And the thought of moving away from our home makes me sick. Physically ill. Ew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I would feel the same way, Holly. And I'd probably even go in to the old bank to say bye. But maybe I'm weird, too.
When are you guys out of here? We want to have you over, or at least meet you somewhere for dinner before you're gone.
SO does that mean you are done managing? What will you do with all the free time?
Don't waste your time by saying goodbye to those people. There are more important people (like the Sheks, for example) with whom you should spend your last few months!
It will be a sad day when the Snows move!!
Not weird at all. I definitely think you should go to the bank and say goodbye and call your vendors! Maybe even give them the contact names & #s to the new owners. Since they know the property already, they might be able to get some business from the new owners. And who knows? Maybe some good missionary moment might happen...
I still can't quite wrap my head around the idea that you're moving.
Post a Comment