Monday, May 4, 2009

The Fort

My kids made a fort. It is behind all the bushes and plants in the courtyard, and it is pretty awesome. The best part is that they love it and actually use their imaginations to play in it. Kids don't do enough of that.

So one day, we were in front of our apartment talking to some friends. The kids were playing in the fort. After a while, Samantha comes out and wants us to come look at their hideout. She was really excited.

We went over and saw this.

If you can't tell from the picture, those are doormats on the ground. Everyone was so thrilled to show us the pathway they had made, and they even had soft places to sit! I asked where they got the loot, then looked around the apartment building...

Samantha said, "Mom! Everybody had these just lying in front of their doors! Some had 2, so we took them!"

It was so innocent and cute, Brian and I just started laughing (and took pictures, of course). We explained the problem with taking all the tenants' mats, and made them put them back.

The best part is that they couldn't remember which mat went with which door...hee hee. Now all the doors have mats, but I'm not sure if they are the correct ones.

So far, no one has complained.

4 comments:

The Lind's said...

Cute! I Love that the mats where just laying around!! Very cute kids...and they are growing up so fast!

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

HA - that is too CUTE and funny!

jordan said...

you're right, more forts need to be built these days. even if it has to be under stairways, in apartment complexes with stolen doormats. great kids!

Autumn said...

I got a good laugh out of that! Thanks :)