Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Standing up for it

Kudos to Carrie Prejean (Miss California) for standing up and saying she believes marriage must be between a man and a woman. Talk about laying it on the line.

She is being slaughtered by the media...of course. She's intolerant, she's a bigot, let's strip her of her crown!! And on and on we go.

I'm sick of weak people. Weak people who go along with the majority just because they are the majority.

Grow a backbone and stand up for what's right. Especially when you are NOT in the majority.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So true! I hope those other people really aren't the majority though...I think they might just be the annoying outspoken ones. The "real" majority needs to speak up more often I think! :) I think you are already one that speaks up and I admire you for that.

Kerri said...

Yep, I am proud of her for sticking up for her beliefs. I am annoyed with everyone persecuting her for telling a truthful answer and having the guts to say it on live television! But, not so proud of her for posing nude in photos and getting a boob job right before the pageant. I guess everyone has flaws, and the media sure knows how to figure what they are!

Anne said...

i feel like the whole pageant scene claims to empower women but now they are encouraging them to keep their mouths shut unless they agree with someone else's opinion. lame.