Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Halloween has come and gone, and we have plenty of candy to show for it. It is really one of the best holidays around...especially when you are a kid.
Our bunch looked like this.








Just to clarify, we had a cowgirl, Luke Skywalker (but he looks more like a generic Jedi Knight), Rapunzel, a flower...then a butterfly, a chicken and Hermione Granger (you can see it, right?)
Samantha was relatively easy, and the DI proved to be an invaluable resource for us.
Landon was determined to be Darth Maul, but was talked out of it by me. Have you ever seen a 7 year old be able to not touch his face when it is painted so intricately? We convinced him to be Luke, but then he wanted the Jedi robe, so he ended up looking more like the new Jedis than the classic Luke. He was ok with it.
Julie wanted to be Rapunzel, and Family Fun had a great idea for a wig. So I found an old church dress at the DI and redid it to look more princess-y, then worked on the wig. First it was too short, so I tied longer hair on...seriously, hair that long is heavy! So the wig kept sliding off, and she wore it only briefly before giving up on it. Dang. It looked pretty good though. I was impressed.
Annie fits into the flower costume, so that is what she wore for the halloween parade at school. For the ward party, she wanted to be a princess and refused to put on the flower. She kept saying, "Princess! Princess!" So we compromised and she went as the frilly butterfly. Since when do not-even-two-year-olds get to demand their costume choice?!
Norah was the chicken, and pretty dang cute. You can tell she really loved it as well.

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Love it! Especially the wig. That was amazing. I can't believe how big Landon looks. Holy cow.

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

Adorable - but the wig is AMAZING!! The creative part is the only part I like about Halloween! I remember that flower...good memories:)

Lyndsey said...

Loved the little chicken and good work on Hermione. I think that you needed to frizz out your hair a bit more it looked way too good.

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

Annie's costume change threw me at first. For a moment I thought you had six kids. "When did THAT happen?!?"

Ali Snow said...

You made Julie's hair. Impressive. Cute costumes. I love that Annie was two things. She certainly has a mind of her own.

Unknown said...

That flower costume was worth every penny. Cuter than cute and has seen some mileage.....way to go MOM!

dodds said...

okay, so, Landon's foot was not broken....Holly, you must follow up on your stories. smile. Robert is still praying for Landon's foot/ankle.

Lisa said...

Who is that tall cowgirl?!?! So grown up! Love the rest of the costumes too. Way to go, holly!

Nancy said...

Wow Annie looks so tall!

That wig sure looks good.

Nancy said...

and by Annie I mean Samantha.

can't keep track. :)

Anne said...

everyone looked adorable!