Sunday, November 11, 2007

I did it!

Friday afternoon, a friend called to ask if I could teach her step aerobics class for her. A little background...I decided I wanted to teach aerobics this past summer, so I got certified and was trying to get a job at my local gym. So here I was, faced with the opportunity I thought I wanted, but SCARED TO DEATH!

Anyway, I said yes. My heart was beating a thousand miles a minute, my palms sweating, my hands shaking. But I said yes.

A couple hours later, I head to the gym. I walk into class, feeling as incompetent as can be. But I turn the music on. And the beat makes me remember why I wanted to do this. I love it! I love moving, dancing, teaching---I love it all.

The class would definitely say it could have been a LOT better, but I did it. I got through it and it was so fun. It made my night. Thank goodness I said yes. Badly teaching a rough-around-the-edges step class beats living with regret anyday.

10 comments:

The Lind's said...

WAY TO GO! I want to come to your class! Did you teach at the Y? Fun! I bet you did great!

Kimberly Bluestocking said...

You rock. :)

Kerri said...

Congrats! You should sign up to teach at Bally's! I know I am the only one who goes there, but then if you mess up, I can keep a secret! Just kidding!

brady cullimore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elizabeth cullimore said...

Holly, Thanks so much for filling in for me- sorry it was so last minute! I'm sure you did great! The first time is the definitely the scariest!

Unknown said...

Seize the Day! Way to go Holly! Can you teach me how to get off my tookus and start exercising again?

Eric & Gretchen said...

Way to go if I had know you were going to teach I might have actually come.

Lisa said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Can I get a guest pass so I can come take your class???

Amanda Neilson said...

So fun! I bet you werre awesome. I miss teaching step so much. No gym will do it out here. I guess New Yorkers are choreographically challenged or something.

Tisha said...

yeah!! you seriously will be the best aerobics instructor- I actually would considering going to a step class if you were the teacher....but you would probably make fun of me and my total lack of coordination...so then again... :)