Friday, November 2, 2007

Trick-or-Treat!

I love, love, love Halloween! I love the actual day when the costumes are on and my little kids are transformed into their characters for 1 day. This year I had Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, Jack Sparrow, and a flower. They looked so cute.

This year we went to the houses all around Samantha's school. The houses were decorated so cute! Some were a bit gory and scary for my taste, but we had a great time anyway.
Julie got the hang of trick-or-treating quite fast, especially since she had a trial run at our ward party a few days before.
I was wondering how her little bucket was getting so full so quickly, so I started to pay more attention at the doorstep. The people would hand out candy, Julie would grab the edge of the candy bowl and pull it down, helping herself to more pieces. After all, it is CANDY!
Samantha and Landon were complaining about how heavy their buckets were, asking Brian and I to carry them for little bits of time. We offered to carry Julie's, but could not pry her fingers from their death-like grip on her bucket...not even to get into the car.
Sadly, another Halloween has come and gone. But at least we have the piles of candy to remind us how much fun we had. :)



9 comments:

Sarah said...

Samantha is so charming with that picture perfect smile and Julia's costume is adorable! Did you make the flower costume yourself? I hope Landon didn't unleash his inner pirate on Halloween and steal all his sisters' candy. Great pics!

holly said...

No, I didn't make Julie's costume--it wsa purchased from Joann's several years ago for Samantha to wear. I did, however, make Samantha's costume in its entirety.

elizabeth cullimore said...

Your kids looked so cute!! I can't believe you made the Dorothy costume- nice job!

Unknown said...

I believe I was with you when you purchased that flower costume at Joann's. Julie is as cute as Samantha was back in the day....

You are my sewing idol! Remember that photo quilt you helped me start all those years ago...it's still only 1/2 done. I wish I lived in SP still so you could help me complete it!

The kids are precious!

The Waldrams said...

What cute costumes on such cute kids! I didn't know that you made Samantha's costume! It turned out great!

Amanda Neilson said...

So adorable! Your Bernina has been working overtime! I can't believe how big they are getting.

Anne said...

so cute, holly. and i love the pumpkins and the blond hair.

The Proctor Group said...

Your kids are so cute! I especially love the Jack Sparrow costume since I'm in love with Johnny Depp. I should get a Jack Sparrow costume for my husband.

The Wright Family said...

oh my goodness ... so cute!! Your little girl looks just like you!!! What a cute family!