Friday, March 7, 2008

My true self...

I am an old-fashioned mormon, if there is such a thing. Someone told me that I would be a good pioneer, which made me laugh, but maybe...

I want a lot of kids. Now, my current family may not reflect that desire, but it is there nonetheless. I hope I get to have more...many more.

I like to quilt, scrapbook, and do crafty things in general. I think I would have really enjoyed good nights of homemaking.

I am content to raise my family at home. I don't want to work outside the home and am not counting down the days until I can go to work...I don't have some great side business or THE idea that will change the world.

I like singing, dancing, and potluck dinners. I love playing games with friends. It is one of my favorite pasttimes.

I love teaching and learning square dances and other american folk dances. I love that Brian will do that kind of stuff with me. I love when other people will do it too. Its great.

Maybe more people share my sentiments...but it just doesn't seem to be so. I may have fit in better in my mother's generation.

7 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Your not alone except for maybe that whole scrap booking thing. I hate that. I told this lady at the park a few days ago that I was going to have a least 2 more kids and she almost dies of shock!! "why you have a boy and a girl?" Miss you guys. Are you up for a day at Disney?

holly said...

You bet. We'd love to see you and your cute kids. Why the scrapbooking hatred? :)

Lisa said...

Holly, I'm certainly not a scrapbooker and I like working (although I hope I don't have to while I've got kids at home), and we get along just fine. so I think you fit in just fine in this generation.

holly said...

touche. Nicely put, Lisa.

Unknown said...

Um yeah...are you up for a little Aggravation? Miss you. Still trying to figure out a way to get down to your neck o' the woods for Spring break!

Tisha said...

c'mon holly, you totally fit into this generation, everyone's going crafty/crafty now, that's why etsy, creating myspace pages, Apple computers, etc. are such a hit. As for the kids, I mean seriously, haven't you been keeping up on your "People" magazine....Brangelina are prego with their 5th kid! you are totally hip with the big family thing :) (but then again, don't they have like 15 nannies?, maybe it's not the same thing...)

Shannon said...

I think there are more of us in this generation than we realize...people who prefer all that stuff, but think they are in the minority.

By the way, did you end up doing digital scrapbooking? I found a pretty nice website for printing pages... http://www.scrapbooksplease.com