Saturday started as any normal weekend. There were errands to run and parties to attend.
We dropped Samantha off at her party, then I took the younger kids to get some groceries. In Costco, Landon started complaining. Truthfully, it seemed a little fake to me. Then he didn't want the sample we walked by. Now THAT is suspicious.
At the checkout, he was looking very pale. I made him sit and put his head between his legs. He looked a little better. So we get in the hot car, I start driving and look back to see Landon losing his breakfast in the back. So gross.
We quickly drive home, Landon gets cleaned up, and takes a nap. I clean up the car. Again, so gross. Hours later, he seems to be doing much better. Samantha has a piano recital and we all go to it. Brian's parents and sister drove up for the event. All is well. Landon has a few sips of water.
Samantha has performed her songs, and about 35 minutes of the recital have passed. Suddenly, Landon stands up, grabs his throat, and starts puking again. Brian tries to cover his mouth but ends up being covered in Landon's throw up (thankfully, mostly water).
Honestly, I've never seen my little group of people move as fast as we did to get out of there. Brian and I waited for the end of the song, as I tried to clean the offending liquid covering the chairs and floor around us.
Again, Landon goes to bed and just hangs there. He has another mess which Brian cleans up in the night. Since then, he has had a fever and just plain yuckiness. He is starting to feel better though. He even ate a 1/2 piece of toast today.
The whole ordeal was so unbelievably embarrassing, it was hilarious. What else to do but laugh?
The bigger our family gets, the more stories we collect. This particular one is priceless. I look forward to telling it again and again in the many years to come. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Those are the best stories to tell. I was the youngest of 6 kids and began to experience things like that at age 10 when I was catching my niece's projectile throw up in the school bathroom during my older sister's bball game. That was only the beginning and I was still 15 years away from having kids. Now I don't even flinch at puke or poo. Except when it is from adults.
Natalie decided to projectile vomit all over our van about a week ago. We FINALLY have gotten most of the smell out (thanks to an entire bottle of Febreze). Thankfully we didn't take her to church the next day or she would have done it there too!
holy disgusting! and funny.
oh, it's times like these when I hate having to be the "mom" and clean up! Hope he is feeling better.
This is disgusting but hilarious! Poor Landon ( and you guys)! Hopefully nobody else gets sick!
PS- yes, Arthur will be going on the Father/son camp out!
I think the only thing worse than throwing up yourself is dealing with your kids throwing up. But tell Landon I feel his pain (and yours)! I can't even count how many times I've humiliated myself in that way in public places...thank you Taylor.
Post a Comment