Friday, February 29, 2008

Ice Skating

Our vacation up to Idaho had a few little detours in Utah. On our way up, we celebrated my niece's 7th birthday by going ice skating at Seven Peaks. I hadn't been since they had a meager outdoor skating rink---this one was indoor and so nice! It was great fun.

I hadn't planned on Julie going skating with us, but she was quite adamant about doing what the rest of us were doing. I asked about skates, thinking they would not carry such a small size, but they did! She thought they were great until we got on the ice...then she didn't want me to help her because she MUST do everything herself...a couple of falls later, she was done and hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa.

These are the kinds of pictures I never get---no kids, just me with my mom and sister. I love it. It was so fun to see everyone and hang out for a while. It was a good break from the norm.

1 comment:

Julie Thurgood Summerhays said...

You look so good in your picture. I can't believe how old Julie is - she has grown up so much - so cute!